Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soceer

Earlier this week I watched Liverpool, a soccer club in England, play a inferior team in their division, Marseille. Marseille put a good fight most of the game and scored first. But Steven Gerrard and Liverpool ended up winning two to zero with Gerrards equalizer in the 25th minute and his penalty kick 6 minutes later to seal the win. Even though it was close on the scoreboard, I think that Liverpool was probably placed to win the game before it even started because of their players, their reputation, and their ranking so far this season. I personnally love watching games like these because it helps me improve my own game as well as entertain and keep me up to date on what's going on in Europe soccer wise. I like it also because I get to see my favorite players in action such as Steven Gerrard as well as Fernando Torres. Also players on other teams such as Ronaldinho, Christiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Thierry Henry, Lionel Messi, Hernan Crespo, and Maxi Rodriguez. These players provide inspiration for me when I am trying out as well as during games which in turn helps me succeed. Overall there is so much soccer has to offer for players as well as spectators.

No comments: